When you take care of your tree properly, it will provide the same shade and beauty you've appreciated for years to come. To maintain the health and vitality of your tree, there are a few good practices to caring for them. Here is a list of our top five tree care tips to know. We have more, but just some things to keep in the back of your mind.
1. Don't contribute to compact soil. It can contribute to the slow death of your beloved tree. So, don't park your heavy vehicles or equipments under your tree to get shade.
2. Be careful when trimming those hard to reach areas with a weed whacker. We know that extra grass can detract from the aesthetics of your property, but doing so haphazardly can hurt your tree. The wire that beats against your tree while you cut down the excess grass and weeds can weaken your tree and make them prone to diseases.
3. You don't have to water or fertilize your tree as often as you think. They require little nutrient and water especially if they are established trees.
4. Be mindful of any construction or renovations you may be doing on your property. The roots of your tree can extend more than you think. Digging within several feet of your tree can result in its death. Be mindful of where you plan to build.
5. Lastly, these magnificent plants are self-sufficient for the most part. Just sit back and enjoy their presence and accept their elegance.
If you would like to know more about how to properly maintain your matured tree or a newly planted tree. If the practices we've laid out are ones you've been following and you have more question, we would be happy to answer them for you. Give us a call today 205-476-0999.
Free Instant Quote